Sonntag, 12. Juni 2016

No water

Last week I was standing under the shower, singing and thinking about life, when the water suddenly got less and less, until it fully stopped. Luckily I was already done with cleaning myself, so I grabbed my towel, and went to ask my hostfather what happened. It turned out that the water was finished. During the whole last year it has rained extremely seldom, less than 10 times, and we live on the country in a household with 8 people, so our water was just gone.
I never understood what it means to have no water until I had to face this situation myself. No water for showering, using the dishwasher, the washing machine, the toilet flush, no water for cooking and lastly also no water to drink. I luckily spent this day in a friends house, who still had water. When I arrived back home, it had rained a bit, so there was water to drink and cook. On the next day, the water stopped again. That made us get a little bit crazy, because we also didn't know when it will rain again.
To use the word "luckily" a third time in this text, luckily in the next days it rained a few times. I've never been so happy to look out of the window and see rain.

Be thankful for what you have,
I wish you a great day!

Annabel

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen