Montag, 6. Juni 2016

The end is coming close

20 days.
For the first time in this year I'm actually feeling home in a place, and now I have to leave it soon.
Last weekend we had our last YFU camp in Cēsis, where we talked about saying goodbye the entire saturday. For me, it was quite useless, because I already said goodbye to my classmates before I moved to Suntaži, and to the family I lived in before I came here I didn't really say goodbye (actually they didn't, except two of them). Saying goodbye to the family where I'm now is going to be difficult, but not as much as if I had lived here for 10 months. Luckily the 6-hour talk about saying goodbye didn't only bore me, because many of us think that you shouldn't plan saying goodbye in every little detail.
So after this was over, in the evening we had a little goodbye ceremony and after that we sat at the campfire, grilled marshmallows, and sang songs with the guitar. That was the best part of the whole day. In the end, only the german girl who played the guitar and I were left, and we still continued singing, until we had no more song ideas (we had no songbook, so we were singing a lot of different stuff that randomly came into our heads).
On the next day, our hostfamilies also came to Cēsis, and we had a little goodbye party.

I'm having a good time in Suntaži now, I'm happy. Right now for the next few days in our family also lives a woman from the USA, because my hostmom is a social worker, as well as this woman, and she kinda participates in a social worker exchange program. And I'm very happy because she told me that I don't have a german accent and that she didn't recognise me as a german from the way I'm talking english. So I might not have learned perfect latvian in this year, but at least my english got very fluent. And since I'm here in Suntaži talking with the little girls a lot, my latvian also improves, maybe not in grammar, but in fluency.

Have a great day!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen